3980 Pine Grove Ave. * Fort Gratiot, MI 48059 * Phone: 810-989-6100
Carolyn'sCalla Lilly Sewing Corner
Disclaimer: Owned and operated by Carolyn's Calla Lilly Sewing Corner.
Interested in learning more?
A little something for everyone.
Amazing Classes we have starting in August! We will be having an open house/ informational early signup session in August with our Educators. It will be a great time to come and claim your spot with a special early registration discount!
Machine Embroidery for all levels, to Quilting basics and a “mini” Curriculum on Sewing Basics. Look for the following Class descriptions, dates and fee will be published in July.
- “Hooping” with your Sisters Embroidery Program Darlene Jacolik.
- Edge to Edge one day Embroidery Workshop Sharon Kriesch·
- Paper Piecing Quilting Technique Sharon Kriesch.
Quilting Basics, what everybody needs to know, a 3 part class. Judy Mattson·
- How to use a Walking foot Judy Mattson·
- Picture frame Quilt Wall Hanging Judy Mattson ·
- Why do I need to learn how to Sew? (knowledge of sewing basics), with Cathy Moody. Cathy is a new addition to our Calla Lilly Team has been a guest educator for the past 4 years. Cathy’s On The Mend and Make it Fit workshops, have been a welcome addition that can benefit everyone in all levels of sewing knowhow. Cathy will now be teaching here at Calla Lilly on a regular basis.
- Sewing with a pattern, projects TBA. Colleen Ruedisueli will be offering project based classes in relation to Cathy who will get everybody started in knowledge and proper operation of your sewing machine.
The following Clubs are being scheduled accordingly.
Destiny Club Will meet the following dates. 8/8, 9/13, 10/11, 11/15
Embroidery Club will meet the 1st Thursday of the following months:
September - Show N Tell Goofs
October - Fran Gore is presenting inspired projects on Heirloom EmbroideryNovember - Sit N Sew.
November- 2nd will meet late afternoon for a “Sew Together Bag” Project.
Sewing at the Corner Group will meet the fourth Tuesday of the month. This is for those would like to gather to share sewing projects(like embroidery club, but for sewing). Anyone interested in sewing about any subject, please contact me and I will put it on the agenda.
Clubs are fun to get together and can be very informative, so please join us!
Special interest: Looking for anyone interested in getting together for a Thread Painting Class, I’m calling it “The Lonely Arts” Class, learn to paint with thread instead of a brush! Only offered 1 time this fall please contact me if you are interested. A prerequisite for all classes:
Note: If you have not used your machine in the last 6 months I would highly recommend to have a 1 hour review on operating your machine. For Embroidery you would need to take embroidery basics class dates TBA.
***If you have not had your machine serviced in the last year it is highly recommended.
Requirement: Class Registration Policy: Register & pay for class 10 days before class date. Cancellation will receive store credit for class fee. No show for class will be forfeit class fee.